Our client is a listed State Owned full financial service group institution. Their core business will include Initial Public Offering, Mergers and Acquisitions, DCM, ECM, Asset Management and Brokerage. They are now looking for a top caliber candidate with extensive high level management experience and good performance history to lead their management team as their Senior Managing Director and as the first chair of their HK group, the selected candidate will be given the authority and full support of the Board of Directors to dictate the direction and future business model of the company.
Acting as the Senior Managing Director of a full licensed financial institution (SFC type 1,2,4,6,9) with multiple, It candidate needs not to possess same level of expertise on all areas, the managerial experience and capability of such a firm will be the essence of this opening.
- Oversees strategic & long-term planning of the company’s current investments.
- Provide professional instruction or bring in related specialist for the purpose of re-evaluating and improving the current investment model and method.
- Supervise Managing Director of the company to formulate and execute business plan for the purpose of strengthening the existing DCM ECM business of the Firm
- Oversees and Lead regional governance to ensure an appropriate control environment is in place.
- Oversees the coordination of the development and implementation of investor relations / marketing activities for the fund, to foster relationships with investors and maintain existing relationships.
- Review reports from Corporate Finance Department and assure there is proper Implementation and execution on takeovers, mergers, amalgamations, acquisitions, disposals, demutualization’s, project financing, management buyouts, corporate restructurings, IPO, right issues, placements and other fun raising exercises
- Review reports from Asset Management Department in regarding their fund and portfolio performance.
- Review Reports from Brokerage Department and assure proper KPI is set, effective assessment and incentive for subordinates is well implemented, business model is optimized and performance shows steady improvement.
- Communicate with the Board and provide professional business expansion suggestion.
- Serve as the Company’s highest-level contact with an assigned group of investors.
- Address key investors’ inquiries and concerns in a timely manner
- Evaluate and monitor the business performance of business units
- Prepare distribution announcements and management letters to existing investors
- Maintain and foster relationship with investors, government agencies, legal professionals and all relevant market participants.
- Degree holder in any related discipline.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in any reputable and established full financial services corporation/investment bank , preferably with established international institutions or investment corporation with State Owned background.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the financial service or investment banking industry with top level business management capabilities.
- Previous working experience as a CEO or acting head of the company’s daily operations is preferred.
- Substantial knowledge in managing a full licensed corporation is preferred
- Existing network within investors community and good understanding of investor sentiment
- Excellent command of Cantonese and Mandarin is mandatory. Other languages will be an advantage.
- Competitive year-end bonus.
- Negotiable annual leave package
- Great Career progression.
- Fully comprehensive medical insurance and personal insurance
- Great MPF Pension Scheme
For further information, please contact Douglas at 2523 9994.