Our client is a listed financial institution supported by a well-established asset management company. Their core business include Special Opportunities Investments, IBD, Equity Investment, Corporate Finance Advisory, Fund Raising and Asset Management. They are now looking for a young, energetic Hong Kong qualified Solicitor with experience on M&A as their Legal Counsel. This will be a good opportunity for practicing solicitor to get into in-house and experienced legal counsel to join the management team of a financial service company.
- Advising business units on investment structure and corporate restructuring proposals
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on legal documents, including transaction documents for related investments, confidentiality agreements, engagement letters, etc.
- Providing legal advice to management and business units in relation to corporate finance activities, including but not limited to ECM, DCM, M&A and fund transactions
- Retaining, directing, and managing external counsel as required
- Handling regulatory matters including HK listing rules and other HK compliance matters
- Providing ad-hoc legal advice and support on any company initiatives
- A HK qualified lawyer with a minimum of 5 years of post-qualification legal experience in reputable law firm or corporate legal departments, with excellent drafting and negotiating skills.
- Extensive experience in corporate finance work with strong commercial and corporate experience.
- Experience in regulatory compliance matters (e.g., the Listing Rules and Takeovers Code) is required. Exposure to fund investment and debt deals is desirable but not mandatory.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese. Proficiency in Mandarin is a must.
- Commercially-minded, practical, responsive and focused on problem-solving, with proven success not only in identifying legal and regulatory risks, but in finding workable solutions to enable the business to operate efficiently and intelligently.
- Excellent communication skills, people oriented, self-driven and able to interact effectively with business units.
- Ability to work proactively and independently with medium supervision under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, mature attitude and able to multi-tasks.
- Client company is willing to buy off suitable candidate’s notice period and bonus
- Stable working hour.
- Competitive year end bonus.
- Candidate with good performance will be promoted to Legal Director.
- Fully comprehensive medical insurance and personal insurance
For further information, please contact our Chloe at 2523 9966.