A famous, Mainland State Owned Enterprise (SOE) with a diversified Conglomerate portfolio of business divisions ranging from Real Estate, Construction, Industrial Development, Technology, Finance and Investments has ambitious plans to accelerate growth of their international business hubs by firstly, expanding their footprint in Hong Kong, and then globally. They are seeking a Senior and Experienced General Administration and HR professional at Deputy General Manager level to join their Senior Management Team in Hong Kong.
This is a start-up scenario and the ideal candidate must have start-up experience ideally with a similar State Backed Enterprise, (although not essential).
This is a key first hire senior position, and the incumbent will be required to set-up the complete middle and back-office administration and operational functions from scratch. This will include setting best business processes, procedures, systems and departmental gradings and structures.
Candidates should have solid experience and understanding of both Mainland China and Hong Kong Human Resources practices and the relevant Labour Laws for both Greater China and Hong Kong, and in particular a good understanding of the dynamics and culture of large SOE conglomerates.
This role will be based in Hong Kong with frequent travel to the Mainland Headquarters as well as it’s different subsidiaries.
- An understanding of the impact and scope of the One Road, One Belt initiatives and the large scale development projects and keys SOE players that are integral to the initiative across the relevant regions.
- Native to fluent spoken level Mandarin, with the ability to read and write and type in Simplified Chinese.
- Degree in Hong Kong or the PRC preferred;
- At least minimum 5 years’ experience in general administration, operations or Human Resources or similar support functions departments with at least 2- 3 years of management / supervisory experience
- Have prior experience in starting-up a similar type of business in Hong Kong from start-up stage to establishment and growth stages.
- Strong writing skills in both English and Chinese;
- Team player, well organized, creative with strong business acumen;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Strong ability to write detailed weekly progress and regular business updates reports in Simplified Chinese of a sufficient eloquence that satisfies Head Office Internal Controls and reporting standards.
- Similar experience in state owned company is highly preferred but not an necessity
- Prior experience and familiarity with large ticket acquisitions, infrastructure projects and investments including the financing arrangements and financial structuring of such projects
- To manage all Human Resources and Business Corporate activities including Investor Relations
- To set-up from scratch all General Administration, HR, Back Office and support functions and to hire all relevant staff required.
- To manage all Hong Kong based Office, Administration, Corporate Activities and Events and to ensure that resources are properly allocated and procured with the most cost effective solutions
- Manage the CEO’s Office and Investor Relations.
- Manage and supporting all daily business activities, operations and maintaining on-time written, business performance and progress reports and updates to Head Office.
- Organize meetings for Senior Management, draft strategy and business agendas and associated documentation for management meetings
- Business Travel is expected for this role.
- Excellent career progression as this is a corporate management role
- Will be the champion to set the corporate culture, mission,vision and values for the Hong Kong office as set by Head Office and the related stakeholder entities in China
- Stable career, stress-less working environment
- Stable working hour with no over time working culture
- Excellent, Employee Benefits
- Attractive Salary and Package
For further information, please contact our consultants Stella Huo or Edward Chen at 2523 9925 or 2523 9923.
or Email to email@example.com;
For the right candidate, work visa sponsorship will be sponsored.
******Please note this position requires Fluency in Spoken and Written Mandarin******