Harbridge is here to help you to ace your next interview and land that open job you’ve been seeking.
Here are our 4 essential tips on how you can prepare.
Find out all you can about the Company
- Research the company on their website
- Use Google search
- Search in the library/ companies registrar for past company accounts if they are a listed company
- Follow the company on Social Media i.e. Twitter
- Go to online recruitment forums to ask about the firm
- Ask the interviewer/human resources for a graduate recruitment brochure, any information they have
- Talk to your friends, people who may know people that work or have worked there
- Find out exactly which building, which floor will your interview be held
- Look on websites like Linkedin, Bloomberg, Factiva for further information
Find out all you can about the Job / the Role
Who does this role report to? How many managers do I report to?
How big is the team? How big is the department?
Ask as many questions to their Human Resources Department as you can
What would I be actually doing daily on the job?
Read through the Job Description again and again? What are the key skills required?
Talk to your friends, people who may know people that work or have worked there
Does anyone on Linkedin do a similar Job? Can you contact them via Linkedin for advice?
Be brave, go and speak to the company’s ground floor receptionist
Find out all you can about the Interviewer / Interview Format
- Who is the interviewer? How long have they been at the firm? Where were they before?
- Look on Linkedin, Facebook? Often they use the same photos
- Did he/she go to the same School / University like me?
- Do he/ she have any hobbies that I can raise at the interview?
- Are there news articles that mention the interviewer and his/ her achievements with the firm?
- Is it a HR interview?
- Is it a technical interview? Do I need to complete any tests?
- Do I need to prepare a presentation beforehand?
Finally, the night before the interview?
Check the time of the interview again. Interviewer’s details?
Plan to arrive 15 – 30 minutes earlier. Go to the washroom!
Do I have the map, location address, of the interview place?
Did I print out and read a copy of my cover letter and CV?
Did I polish my shoes? Got all interview clothes cleaned, ironed?
Read through all your notes again, interview questions and CV just before you sleep. You will tend to remember things better if you read it when you are relaxed, such as on the bed.
Get an early night sleep.
Submit a CV
By submitting your CV, we will be able to match your skills, qualifications and expertise to the perfect position for you.